RavensFilm Productions has re-released its psychological noir thriller Dead of Night on Special Edition DVD through Amazon and CreateSpace. The disc features enhanced audio and picture quality from the original 2009 release, and will soon see release through Amazon Instant Video for rental and purchase. Originally conceived and released as a black & white film, this new DVD also features a new color version. You can view trailers for both versions of the short film at the film's official website.
For three years, F.B.I. Criminal Profiler Cyrus Vendelin (Stevan Vujic) has been on the trail of a serial killer obsessed with identity, and the destruction thereof. The path Vendelin has journeyed through is a dangerous one, filled with nightmares and fear. Leonard Marshall Eccleston (J. Preston Taub) abducts his methodically selected victims, and proceeds to free them of their fabricated lives and identities. In his twisted mind, their deaths signal their rebirth into new ones. As a criminal profiler, Vendelin must project himself into the mind of a psychopath. In order to catch a killer, he must think like him, see like him, feel like him, act like him. Though, where Vendelin ends, and Eccleston begins is a dark, shadowy place that none dare perceive, and none have been able to return from. Will Vendelin be able to bring an end to Eccleston’s madness before he claims another victim in the young and beautiful Jennifer Watson (Laura Wettingfeld)? Over the course of this night, one will see exactly what he has become, and discover his true identity. Amidst all of this, F.B.I. Special Agent Christopher Mannix (Charlie S. Jensen) heads up a bureau task force to hunt down the night’s darkest, most dangerous killer before any more lives are lost. Enter the darkness of the mind.
This Special Edition DVD features:
• Black & White and Color Versions of Dead of Night • 16x9 Enhanced Widescreen Presentation
• Dolby Digital 2.0 Stereo Sound
• Filmmaker Audio Commentaries on Dead of Night and the Web Series.
• Filmmaker Introduction - A summary of the reconstruction process and brief visual comparisons of the original version and the new enhanced version.
• Three Web Series Episodes (Black & White and Color Versions)
• Dead of Night Trailers (Black & White and Color Versions)
• Additional RavensFilm Trailers