Alice Cooper once again earned his rep as the king of theatrical shock-rock with last month's release of Welcome 2 My Nightmare (read our track-by-track review here), the long-awaited sequel to his smash concept album. Always the consummate showman, Cooper has teamed up with many talented business partners to expand the Nightmare experience, from unique fan packages to his very own Nightmare maze attraction at Universal Studios' Halloween Horror Nights. Now Alice has entered the mobile world with a groovy new app that lets the user interact with virtual band members to create their own mixes of the album's songs. Check out a full list of play features after the jump...
The game uses the "AirJ" interactive music engine, allowing players to match tempo and melody with different parts of a song, using their iPhone or iPod touch (sorry Android users) as an air guitar or virtual drum kit to create solos, fills and licks, earning "crowd freakout" bonuses for accuracy. Users can then post their new mixes on Facebook or Twitter, along with their high scores. Here's the complete list of features, according to iTunes:
- Play along with tracks from Welcome 2 My Nightmare on air guitar and air drums
- Remix tracks with the air FX
- Challenge your friends and post scores via Facebook and Twitter
- Follow Alice with direct access to Facebook and Twitter feeds
- Sign up for the latest Alice Cooper news, downloads and exclusive competitions
- By the album directly from iTunes, or buy the CD or vinyl edition
You can download the app from the iTunes UK store.