We previously reported that Scream Factory (the genre-friendly arm of video distributor Shout! Factory) was preparing to roll out a new DVD/Blu-Ray Collector's edition of Joe Dante's 1981 werewolf classic The Howling this summer, and today you can see what waits inside – and outside – that package. To begin with, just drink in this new poster art, which not only adorns the cover, but is also packaged with the DVD/Blu bundle as a mini-poster.
Now on to the contents... The Howling Blu-ray/DVD bundle contains the following supplements:
- Audio Commentary With Director Joe Dante And Actors Dee Wallace, Christopher Stone and Robert Picardo
- Unleashing the Beast: The Making of The Howling Multi-Part Documentary
- Deleted Scenes And Outtakes
- The Making of a Monster: Inside The Howling Documentary
- Horror’s Hallowed Grounds – A Look at the Film’s Locations
- Photo Gallery
- Theatrical Trailers
Also announced today, Shout! Factory's forthcoming combo-pack release of the '80s cult favorite horror/martial arts mashup Ninja III: The Domination. The complete list of features will be posted soon.