Calling all FEARnet movie fans! We want you to be our next on-air host! If you love horror, thriller and suspense and will be in the LA/SoCal area on November 2 and November 3, you could appear on Movies with More Brains and present a FEARnet film to TV audiences across the US. Full details after the jump.
Movies With More Brains is FEARnet's hosted movie experience in which genre insiders and movie buffs celebrate horror classics and fan favorites. Past Movies With More Brains include Teeth, The Tingler, and The Midnight Meat Train.
If you're 18 or older, located in the LA/SoCal area and available on both November 2 and November 3, 2011 between 9 am & 7 pm, you could be our next guest host. No prior experience is necessary; to be considered all you need to do is show us how much you love horror, thriller and suspense.
Here's how you can be considered for a spot on Movies With More Brains:
Send a :30 second video and email with your contact information to FEARnet_Events@FEARnet.com. Your video must feature YOU presenting this info…
- Your name & why you should be on FEARnet
- An introduction to a FEARnet movie that's currently playing On TV, On Demand, or Online
- Trivia about this movie, the reasons you like it, or the scenes that grab you most
MOVIES WITH MORE BRAINS FAN CASTING CALL ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS
Please note: the following eligibility requirements and terms must be met ( "Eligibility Requirements") in order to participate in the fan open casting call (the "Casting Call") for Movies With More Brains hosted wrap around (the "Wrap Around") for Horror Entertainment LLC ("FEARnet").
Please read these requirements and conditions carefully.
1. Participants are to submit a video of themselves introducing a movie that is [currently being exhibited] on FEARnet's VOD, linear channel or website ("Distribution Platforms").
2. Videos must be high quality video filmed on videocam, digicam or mobile phone, must be .mov format and must be no longer than 30 seconds in duration. Videos shall also comply with the following requirements:
a) No video shall contain the names, titles, stage names, likenesses, pictures, images, sounds, voices, or work product (e.g., copy, photography, audiovisual materials) of any persons other than the participant;
b) No video shall directly or indirectly appear to or actually promote or advertise any person, entity, product or service other than the participant, FEARnet or any of FEARnet's affiliates;
c) No participant shall make any trademark use or any other unauthorized use of any third party's name, logo, trademark or service mark in any video or infringe the intellectual property rights, privacy rights, publicity rights, or any other legal or moral rights of any third party in any video;
d) No video shall contain any unlawful, defamatory, libelous, slanderous, obscene, sexually explicit, pornographic, violent, cruel, threatening, abusive, harassing, bullying, stalking, hateful, vulgar, racially or ethnically-motivated, invasive of another's privacy, of poor quality, or otherwise objectionable, unfit for publication, posting, or otherwise dissemination for public viewing element, all of the above as determined by FEARnet in its sole discretion;
e) No video shall make any visual or audio references implicitly or explicitly to alcoholic beverages, tobacco, drug paraphernalia, firearms, or any depiction or representation thereof, or be perceived as giving or threatening to give rise to criminal or civil liability, encouraging conduct that might constitute a criminal offense, or encouraging or providing instructional information about illegal activities;
f) All rights in and to the video (excluding references to FEARnet or any of its affiliates) shall be fully owned or otherwise controlled by the participant; and
g) The video shall not contain music of any kind, and in the event that any music is inadvertently captured in any video, the participant agrees that any such inadvertently captured music may be erased by FEARnet from any such video in order to make such video eligible for consideration hereunder.
3. Participants may submit only one video via e-mail to FEARnet_Events@FEARnet.com. Entries must be received between 10:00 a.m. Pacific Daylight Saving Time (PDT) on September 29, 2011 and 10:00 a.m. PDT on October 19, 2011 (the "Submission Period"), according to FEARnet's internal clock, it being understood that the Submission Period may be changed at any time without notice in FEARnet's sole discretion. Each participant must be the rightful owner (or have authorized use) of the e-mail address used to submit the video. FEARnet will not verify receipt of videos.
4. If selected, participant must be available for taping at the Location on November 2, 2011 and November 3, 2011. Participant shall be responsible for all costs associated with getting to and from the Location. FEARnet reserves the right to make changes to the schedule set forth above.
5. Participant must be 18 years of age at the time of the submission and be a United States citizen or legal permanent resident of the United States of America [that is residing in Los Angeles or Southern California at the time of the submission].
6. If selected, participant authorizes FEARnet to conduct civil, criminal, financial, driver-history and any other type of background checks deemed necessary by FEARnet.
7. Employees, officers, directors and agents of FEARnet and/or of any of their respective licensees, assigns, parents, affiliated and subsidiary companies and the immediate family (spouse, mother, father, sister, brother, daughter or son, regardless of where they live) or members of their same households (whether related or not) of such employees, officers, directors and agents are not eligible to be participants in the Casting Call or participate in the submission process.
8. All materials provided to FEARnet by participant will be retained by FEARnet and become the property of FEARnet and will not be returned to participant whether or not participant is selected. Any expenses incurred by participant during the submission process including internet access and materials preparation (videotape, etc.) are participant's sole responsibility. FEARnet will not reimburse you for these expenses. All decisions of FEARnet are final and absolute and not subject to inquiry or appeal.
9. Participant hereby irrevocably grants to FEARnet and to FEARnet's successors, licensees and assigns, in perpetuity:
a) The right to use the submitted video as well as participant's picture, silhouette and/or any other reproductions of participant's likeness and any or all scenes, photography, videotape or film in which participant appears in and in connection with the video and the broadcast, exhibition, exploitation, advertising and promotion thereof; and
b) Without limiting the foregoing, participant acknowledges that the video may be exhibited and distributed in any and all media now or hereafter known, throughout the universe, in perpetuity, and in any and all publicity and exploitation in connection therewith.
10. FEARnet reserves the right not to hold the table read, or to modify the manner in which FEARnet selects the participant, or to not produce the Wrap Around at all.
11. Participant shall not receive any compensation for the submitted video, nor for the Casting Call or the Wrap Around. If selected, participant agrees to execute such other releases as may be requested by FEARnet.
12. Participant hereby irrevocably and perpetually agrees to release, discharge, indemnify and hold harmless FEARnet and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, attorneys, representatives and agents ("Affiliates") from and against any and all claims, judgments, damages, losses, disability, attorneys' fees, and costs of litigation and settlement, as well as any liability due to any injuries, damages or losses to any person (including death) or property of any kind resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from (i) participation in any activity relating to the Casting Call, or (ii) printing, distribution, production or mailing/e-mailing/communication/transmission errors. NEITHER FEARNET NOR ITS REPRESENTATIVES MAKE ANY WARRANTY, REPRESENTATION OR GUARANTEE, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN FACT OR IN LAW, RELATIVE TO THE CASTING CALL. FURTHER, NEITHER FEARNET NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES ACCEPT ANY ADDITIONAL EXPENSES, OMISSIONS, DELAYS OR ACTS OF ANY GOVERNMENT OR AUTHORITY.
13. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: FEARnet is not responsible for: (a) lost, late, misdirected, undeliverable, incomplete or indecipherable submissions due to system errors or failures, or faulty transmissions or other telecommunications malfunctions and/or entries; (b) technical failures of any kinds; (c) failures of any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in connection with the submission; (d) unauthorized human and/or mechanical intervention in any part of the submission process; (e) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the submission process or the processing of the videos; or (f) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from any participant's participation in the Casting Call. FEARnet may prohibit a participant from participating in the Casting Call, in FEARnet's sole discretion, if FEARnet determines that such participant is attempting to undermine the legitimate operation of the Casting Call by hacking, deception, or other unsafe or unfair practices (including the use of automated programs) or intending to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other participant or FEARnet's representatives. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY ANY PARTICIPANT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE FEARNET'S SERVERS OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE CASTING CALL MAY BE IN VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND/OR CIVIL LAWS, AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, FEARNET RESERVES THE UNRESTRICTED RIGHT, EXERCISABLE AT ANY TIME IN FEARNET'S SOLE DSICRETION, AND WITHOUT WAIVER OF OR LIMITATION ON ANY OF FEARNET'S OTHER AVAILABLE LEGAL AND/OR EQUITABLE RIGHTS AND REMEDIES, TO SEEK CIVIL AND/OR CRIMINAL PROSECUTION AND DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS' FEES) FROM AND AGAINST ANY SUCH PARTICIPANT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
15. ARBITRATION: BY SUBMITTING A VIDEO, EACH PARTICIPANT AGREES THAT ANY CONTROVERSY OR CLAIM ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO THE CASTING CALL OR RELATING TO THESE ELIGIBILITY REQUIREMENTS, THEIR ENFORCEMENT, ARBITRABILITY OR INTERPRETATION, SHALL BE SUBMITTED TO FINAL AND BINDING ARBITRATION, TO BE HELD IN LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA, BEFORE A SINGLE ARBITRATOR. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE SELECTED BY MUTUAL AGREEMENT OF THE PARTIES OR, IF THE PARTIES CANNOT AGREE, THEN BY SELECTING AN ARBITRATOR FROM A LIST OF ARBITRATORS SUPPLIED BY JAMS (JUDICIAL ARBITRATION AND MEDIATION SERVICES). IF THE PARTIES STILL CANNOT AGREE ON AN ARBITRATOR, THE ARBITRATOR SHALL BE APPOINTED BY JAMS. THE ARBITRATION SHALL BE A CONFIDENTIAL PROCEEDING, CLOSED TO THE GENERAL PUBLIC. THE ARBITRATOR SHALL ISSUE A WRITTEN OPINION STATING THE ESSENTIAL FINDINGS AND CONCLUSIONS UPON WHICH THE ARBITRATOR'S AWARD IS BASED. THE PARTIES WILL SHARE EQUALLY IN PAYMENT OF THE ARBITRATOR'S FEES AND ARBITRATION EXPENSES AND ANY OTHER COSTS UNIQUE TO THE ARBITRATION HEARING (RECOGNIZING THAT EACH SIDE BEARS ITS OWN DEPOSITION, WITNESS, EXPERT AND ATTORNEYS' FEES AND OTHER EXPENSES TO THE SAME EXTENT AS IF THE MATTER WERE BEING HEARD IN COURT). NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING, THE ARBITRATOR MAY REQUIRE THAT SUCH FEES BE BORNE IN SUCH OTHER MANNER AS THE ARBITRATOR DETERMINES IS REQUIRED IN ORDER FOR THIS ARBITRATION CLAUSE TO BE ENFORCEABLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW.
16. GOVERNING LAW: Each participant acknowledges that the internal substantive laws (as distinguished from the choice of law rules) of the State of California and the United States of America applicable to contracts made and performed entirely in California shall govern the validity and interpretation of these Eligibility Requirements and all other causes of action (whether sounding in contract or in tort) arising out of or relating to these Eligibility Requirements or the Casting Call.
17. NO INJUNCTIVE RELIEF: EACH PARTICIPANT UNDERSTANDS AND AGREES THAT HE/SHE SHALL HAVE NO RIGHT TO ENJOIN OR RESTRAIN THE DEVELOPMENT, PRODUCTION, ADVERTISING, PROMOTION, DISTRIBUTION OR EXPLOITATION OF THE WRAP AROUND, ANY OTHER CONTENT RELATED TO THE WRAP AROUND, THE FEARNET WEBSITE, OR ANY OTHER PROJECT OF FEARNET OR ANY OF ITS PARENTS, SUBSIDIARIES OR AFFILIATES.