With a week's worth of films and panels spread out over Austin, Texas, SXSW can be a little daunting. We have scoured through the schedules to pick out some of the events that we are most looking forward to - and we think you will, too. We've got your handy-dandy schedule after the break.
- 11:59pm March 11 at Alamo Lamar A
- 11:30pm March 12 at Alamo Ritz 2
- 11:59pm March 16 at Alamo Lamar A
A trio of tales that combine sadomasochism, drugs, and murder into a horrifying cocktail of hell.
- 7:15pm March 12 at Paramount Theatre
- 9:00pm March 14 at Westgate
- 11:59pm March 16 at Alamo Ritz 1
After over one hundred years of service, The Yankee Pedlar Inn is shutting its doors for good. The last remaining employees -Claire (Sara Paxton) and Luke (Pat Healy)- are determined to uncover proof of what many believe to be one of New England's most haunted hotels. As the Inn's final days draw near, odd guests check in as the pair of minimum wage "ghost hunters" begin to experience strange and alarming events that may ultimately cause them to be mere footnotes in the hotel's long unexplained history.
- 11:59pm March 11 at Alamo Ritz 1
- 11:30pm March 12 at Alamo Lamar B
- 11:59pm March 18 at Alamo Lamar B
INSIDIOUS is the terrifying story of a family who shortly after moving discover that dark spirits have possessed their home and that their son has inexplicably fallen into a coma. Trying to escape the haunting and save their son, they move again only to realize that it was not their house that was haunted.
- 11:59pm March 12 at Alamo Ritz 1
- 11:59pm March 13 at Alamo Lamar A
- 6:00pm March 16 at Alamo Ritz 1
Sam is walking home in a scary South London tower block when she's robbed by a gang of hooded youths. She flees when the gang are attacked by a small alien creature which falls from the sky. While Sam and the police hunt for the gang, a second wave of creatures falls. The gang grab weapons, mount bikes, and set out to defend their turf. But this time, the creatures are much bigger. Savage and bestial, nothing will stand in their way. And the bunch of no-hope kids who just attacked Sam are about to become her only hope.
- 6:30pm March 13 at Alamo Lamar A
- 4:30pm March 15 at Rollins Theatre
- 4:00pm March 16 at Westgate
- 11:59pm March 18 at Alamo Ritz 1
Detention is a teen horror-comedy where the local students of Grizzly Lake must survive their final year of high school. Standing in their way is a slasher movie killer who has seemingly come to life. It becomes a race against time to stop the killer and save the world - if only they can get out of detention. The Detention cuts through prom. Most of them don't have dates anyway.
- 9:30pm March 13 at State Theatre
- 7:30pm March 14 at Rollins Theatre
- 4:00pm March 17 at State Theatre
A young actress is cast as the lead in a werewolf film which leads to many unexpected consequences in her life.
- 11:59pm March 13 at Alamo Ritz 1
- 11:30pm March 14 at Alamo Lamar B
- 11:59pm March 17 at Alamo Ritz 1
When a mysterious cataclysmic bomb devastates New York, eight strangers take refuge in the basement of their apartment building. The residents soon succumb to cabin fever as fear of sickness, dwindling supplies, and ruthless outside invaders, plays on their mind. However Eva, the only young woman, has her own worries as the men begin to regress into dangerous packs. She quickly learns to be ruthless if she wants to survive, aware that her sanctuary is becoming her hell. Will her survival ultimately be at the expense of her humanity?
- 9:00pm March 12 at Alamo Ritz 1
- 6:45pm March 14 at Alamo Lamar A
- 9:00pm March 17 at Alamo Lamar A
Bellﬂower follows two friends who spend their time building ﬂamethrowers and other weapons in the hope that a global apocalypse will occur and clear the runway for their imaginary gang, Mother Medusa. While waiting for the destruction to commence, their call to excitement comes unexpectedly when one of them meets a charismatic young woman and falls hard in love. Quickly integrating into a new group of friends, they set off on a journey of betrayal, love, hate, and extreme violence more devastating than any of their apocalyptic fantasies.
- 11:59pm March 14 at Alamo Ritz 1
- 11:00pm March 15 at Alamo Lamar B
- 11:30pm March 18 at Alamo Ritz 2
Coco (Daniel Hendler) just moved to his new apartment with 7 months pregnant wife Pipi (Jazmin Stuart), when their building is quarantined due to the outbreak of a deadly flu. Soon the neighbors become unexpected enemies and he is forced to join forces with the loony, but well prepared and stocked, Horacio (next door neighbor) to defend the contents of his fridge and keep his pregnant wife safe. Meanwhile, outside the quarantined building, the world as we knew it is disappearing.
- 11:59pm March 15 at Alamo Lamar A
- 11:30pm March 16 at Alamo Ritz 2
- 11:30pm March 17 at Alamo Lamar B
A young man searching for his missing girlfriend. A loyal friend willing to do anything to uncover the truth. An investigation that culminates in an old house. Inside two brutal murderers expect them, armed with twenty-five boxes of explosives stolen from the last military dictatorship in Argentina.
- 9:30pm March 15 at Paramount Theatre
- 8:30pm March 19 at Rollins Theatre
On 17-year-old Kate's last weekend in town, she and her friends plan to spend it together at SpaceCON– the local sci-fi convention they attend every year. There, Kate meets Paul, a recently turned teen-vampire. But when the awkward teen romance goes wrong, Kate is bitten and turned into a vampire. Kate and her friends discover that Paul is not the only other vampire at the convention, and it is up to them to stop the bad guys and find a way to turn Kate back before it is too late.
- 11:59pm March 15 at Alamo Ritz 1
- 11:30pm March 16 at Alamo Lamar B
A train pulls into the station – it's the end of the line. A Hobo jumps from a freight car, hoping for a fresh start in a new city. Instead, he finds himself trapped in an urban hell. Amidst the chaos, the Hobo comes across a pawnshop window displaying a second hand lawn mower. As the brutality continues to rage around him, he notices a shotgun hanging above the lawn mower... Quickly, he realizes the only way to make a difference in this town is with that gun in his hand and two shells in its chamber.
- 3:30pm March 11 at Austin Convention Center Ballroom E
- 5:00pm March 12 at Hyatt TX Ballroom 5-7
- 12:30pm March 14 at Austin Convention Center, Room 18ABCD
- 2:00pm March 15 at Austin Convention Center, Room 16AB